After one month of hard work, we released the next version of JabRef. The new version 3.8 can be downloaded from FossHub. Version 3.8 contains more than 15 bug fixes and 17 changes and improvements.
The most notable new aspects are:
- Bibliographic information from web resources can now be used to complete existing entries. This functionality can be accessed via a new button in the entry editor.
- Improved fetching of BibTeX data using the ISBN number.
- We reworked the customized entry types and they should now be more usable.
- Upon the first start of JabRef 3.8 old entry type customizations will be converted to custom types for the set default database mode.
- You can now press Ctrl + Shift + C to copy the formatted preview of multiple entries. This especially helps when sending references or working together on Google Docs.
- We worked on the shared SQL database feature and especially fixed an issue at the synchronization of metadata.
- Files can now be moved to subfolders named by a custom format pattern, e.g., based on
- Fetching from dblp works again.
An overview of all new features and fixes can be found as usual in the Changelog at GitHub.
A note to all Mac OS X users: There might be problems if you don’t have Java 8 installed on your machine. Moreover, you might be required to use
Cmd-MouseClick to open the installer to be able to ignore a security warning. For more information checkout the Mac OSX FAQs.
For questions about the functioning or suggestions for improvements please use the discussion forum. In case you have trouble, report bugs on GitHub.