July 19, 2017 – JabRef 4.0 is Near – Second Beta Version Release
In the spirit of the last beta release, we decided to release a second beta before the full 4.0 release. We are continuing the transition of the user interface technology to JavaFX.
JavaFX provides a nice look and feel and thus we started to rewrite the entry editor. The migration process there is not fully completed yet as you can see in the open issues. However, we still think it is a good idea to offer the opportunity for a round of community feedback at this point. The main changes can be summarized as follows:
- Homogenized size of text fields.
- Completely new interface to add or modify linked files.
- Complete new implementation of the the auto complete feature.
- The content selector feature has been reworked. Field content can now be selected via the auto completion instead of via drop down menus
The groups interface was also further improved and it is reaching maturity.
As always there were plenty of nasty bugs fixed:
- Several fetchers have been updated (DOI, CrossRef, IEEE Xplore)
- The PDF annotations are more reliably read from a linked PDF, further annotation types are supported
- The Brazilian Portuguese localization is correctly loaded again
- The export functionality for CSV and MS-office was improved.
An overview of all new features and fixes can be found as usual in the changelog at GitHub.